Thursday 23 September 2010

Opening Sequence And Evaluation





EVALUATION


To make this short clip of London's cityscapes I used Adobe Premiere Pro, it was my first time using the software and I found it very tricky at first, I feel I got used to the software toward the end of my clip however looking at the clip I find I could also improve areas.


Throughout making the clip I  learnt several things; of how to import sound track and bring it on to the software, also how to import footage, adding and editing tiles, adding transitions, cutting and editing footage.


Importing a sound track:
To import a sound track to your work you have to go into your work in Premiere Pro then go file import, then find and click on the track you wish to use click import and it will then appear in the back at the side of the screen you can the drag the tack onto the clip that you have made.


Importing the footage:
Adding the footage that i used was imported also from a file and was then in the bank at the side of the screen, i could then drag what footage i choose on to the sequence then rearrange and edit to produce my short clip.


Titles:
I added titles near the beginning and then at the end, i done this by clicking on an icon that was just underneath the bank that looked like a big square with a little square on top, when clicking on this you can name your title and press 'ok', there will then be another screen that appears which you can choose different fonts, colours, and sizes of how you wish your title to look. On this screen there is a smaller version of your project, where you can choose where you would like your title to go and in what position this is then stored in the bank ready for you to drag onto your clips.


Adding transitions:
From adding transitions i feel it made my clips tie together nicely and makes it more interesting. This was very easy to do as there was an effects slide in the bottom left corner under the bank and there you found video transitions among many other folders, from clicking on the folder there was many to chose from when choosing one that suited my clip i dragged it between the clips that i wanted the transition to be between.


Cutting and editing footage:
From the footage we was given i cut the clips to make them fit better with the following clip, this was done by using a tool on the bottom right hand side that is called the razor tool. To use this tool you have to see what part of the clip you wish to cut and click on the area then one side of the clip becomes highlighted and the other side of which you have just marked is not you then decide what part you wish to keep. You then go back to the set of tools and take the normal curser then click for definite on the side you wish to delete and press the delete key on your key board.


I feel my short clip went rather well for the first time of using the application i feel i made the clip interesting, and i feel all the images that i cut and put together went well and followed on from eachother.
If i had to do the task again i would have used a wider range of clips and backing tracks to make my sequences more interesting. Also i did not use any effects as i did not have time, putting in some effects to my work would have made my final clip look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment